• Philippine Airlines to Launch New Airline: Cambodia Airlines

    by  • April 4, 2013 • 0 Comments

    Philippines-airlines-logo

    Phillipine Airlines announced today that it plans to launch a brand new airline with help from a private investor. The airline, along with Cambodian businessman Kith Meng, will launch Cambodia Airlines later this year. Phillipine Airlines will own 49% of the new carrier while Meng will own the remaining 51%. This new airline has great...

    Read more →

    Guest Post: Perfect Package Getaways

    by  • March 22, 2013 • 0 Comments

    Whatever type of holiday you’re looking for, whether it’s a romantic honeymoon, a budget beach break or an action-packed holiday on the pistes, the chances are you can get there with a package holiday. And if you’re wondering why package holidays are so good, let us explain. For starters, it really does take the...

    Read more →

    New Long Haul Services for Fort Lauderdale

    by  • March 22, 2013 • 0 Comments

    Norwegian_AirShuttle_logo

    Last week, Norwegian Air Shuttle announced plans to start Long Haul service to Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International in Southern Florida. The ironic part is that the flights wont be coming from Norway. The airline will commence flights from Copenhagen, Denmark and Stockholm, Sweden this Winter. The new routes will be just the second...

    Read more →

    It’s Official: American & US Airways To Merge

    by  • February 14, 2013 • 1 Comment

    Although not really a surprise to anyone, the airline industry can stop asking questions about whether US Airways and American will merge to create one of the world’s largest airlines. Both companies announced this morning that the two will definitely merge. The new airline will operate under the American Airlines name, what they are...

    Read more →

    NonRev Adventure: Stuttgart For The Day

    by  • January 26, 2013 • 7 Comments

    First off, let me start by apologizing for the lack of posts here on thirtythousand.us over the last couple of months. This was a crazy & hectic time for me as I had to finish up one of my hardest semesters of college so far, travelled around the country for the holiday season, acquired...

    Read more →

    Delta and Virgin Atlantic Announce Trans-Atlantic Partnership

    by  • December 11, 2012 • 1 Comment

    Virgin Atlantic Airways and Delta Air Lines announced today that they have formed an agreement for a new alliance that will further increase both of the airlines’ already extensive Trans-Atlantic networks. This alliance will increase competition with other airlines on the hundreds of Trans-Atlantic flights each day, meaning passengers will receive cheaper fares and...

    Read more →

    Alaska Airlines Orders 50 Boeing 737′s

    by  • October 11, 2012 • 0 Comments

    A representation of what Alaska's Boeing 737 Max 8 will look like. (Photo from Alaska Airlines)

    If you read my post yesterday, I told you that Alaska Airlines was expected to announce a large Boeing order today. Well, they didn’t disappoint! The airline announced today that they have ordered 50 Boeing 737′s, the worlds best selling airliner. The order includes 737-900ER’s, 737 Max 8′s, and 737 Max 9′s. This order ensures...

    Read more →

    A Crazy Week for the Airline Industry

    by  • October 11, 2012 • 1 Comment

    SONY DSC

    Well the week is only half-way over and it has already been a very interesting one for the airline industry. So much has happened that I figured it would be easier to just combine everything into a single post. So, here’s whats going on. Qatar Airways has officially joined the OneWorld Alliance. The airline announced...

    Read more →

    Fly on United’s 787 for $150…….Or Less?

    by  • September 19, 2012 • 3 Comments

    United-787-Dreamliner-Exterior_6

    As some of you may know, United has just taken delivery of their first batch of Boeing 787 Dreamliners. United Airlines will be the first United States carrier to operate the type. When United first announced their intentions to order the state-of-the-art aircraft I figured one would be forced to buy an expensive ticket...

    Read more →